Oh, sometimes you just crave chicken wings. Or chicken wangs, rather. In this case though, I had limited groceries and this is what I came up with for lunch the other day. Those experiments can turn out pretty well sometimes.
Fair warning: If you don't do dairy, Greek yogurt has a starring role in this chicken salad. Sorry. Another fair warning: All of these measurements are approximate.
Buffalo Chicken SaladGluten-free
- 4 pieces of chicken, grilled or baked, then cooled (I used breasts and thighs)
- 2 big red or yellow bell peppers or a few handfuls of small sweet peppers
- 3 T hot sauce (I used Frank's)
- 2 T Greek yogurt (you can sub mayo to make it totally paleo!)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- A sprinkle of celery salt
- Plenty of chopped green onions
- Optional: blue cheese, crumbled on top (I didn't have any, sadly), chopped celery (but ewwwwcelery)
Mix all the ingredients together. EAT.