Paleo Pumpkin Pie Shake
'Tis the season, am I right?! Punkin season. This satisfies pumpkin pie cravings without any of the hassle of actually making a pie.
Pumpkin Pie Shake
Paleo + Whole30 approved recipe
- 1/2 can of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup of canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- couple of ice cubes
- Maple syrup or honey (sweeten to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pumpkin pie spice (start with 1.5 tsp and build from there if you like more spice—it's a blend of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger and lemon peel)
- Dusting of cinnamon, candied walnuts and/or coconut whipped cream on top
Put all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pour into glass. Top with cinnamon or coconut whipped cream. DRINK.
Thoughts, ideas and other uses:
- This serves about 1-2 glasses
- Use as a base for pumpkin ice cream (using bananas is the paleo way)