Roasted Broccolini with Curry Sauce
If Isaac Becker knew how much I worship him, he'd probably be pretty creeped out. For non-Minneapolitans, Isaac Becker is the chef slash restauranteur behind the gastronomic genius that is 112 Eatery, Bar La Grassa and Burch. I count those three restaurants among my favorites in the Twin Cities (maybe of all times) and this recipe is inspired by the absolute best side dish from Burch in Lowry Hill.
I've never wanted to give myself a bigger pat on the back—this turned out fucking amazing.
- A bunch of broccolini, leaves and woody ends removed
- Olive oil
- Red chili flakes
- Sea salt and pepper
- Optional: a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1-2 T curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Black pepper and cayenne to taste
- It's $7 at Burch and, like, $2 at my house.
- The original version comes with a a sprinkle of fresh mint and toasted macadamia nuts. Yum.
- It was my intention to grill the broccolini but then I switched to roasting—let me know if you try that out!