16 Paleo BBQ Recipes
Happy almost Memorial Day weekend! My husband (as of two weeks ago! #murriage) is obsessed with our new grill. Well, new-to-us grill. We found it on Craigslist, just like we found each other... wish I was kidding.
Anyhoo, this Weber of ours is completely worth obsessing over. It's so wonderful, especially for someone like me who has lived barbecue-less since moving out of my parents' house. This is the current version of our BBQ beast, if you're grill shopping.
This weekend, we're hosting a couple friends for a Memorial Day cookout and I thought it would be timely to share some of the most awesome paleo BBQ recipes from blogger pals around the Internet. I had a very difficult time narrowing this down to a digestible round-up, but these 16 recipes go well-beyond the usual burgers and hot dogs. I guess I'll just have to save some for later this summer!
Grilled plants and animals, comin' atcha...
1. Grilling A Steak, The Complete Guide: Wanna know everything there is to know about cuts, cooking times, charcoal, gas and more? This post is your new BFF. Whatever kind of cow winds up on your plate, I highly recommend serving it with fresh chimichurri like they do in Buenos Aires—it's the best way to eat meat. (via Serious Eats)
2. Phenomenal Grilled Green Chicken: Ohhhh, this stuff I have made (twice) and it is one of the best marinades out there, packed with fresh herbs like mint and cilantro. Lick-the-plate sort of good. (via Nom Nom Paleo)
3. Grilled Prosciutto Peach Salad: The best kind of salad follows my salad rules. It must have something sweet, something savory and no iceberg lettuce allowed. (via Against All Grain)
4. Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Chili Butter: Sub ghee or coconut oil for the butter in the original recipe and you are in paleo business. These sea nuggets look amazing. (via The Pioneer Woman)
5. Dry Rubbed Barbecue Pork Ribs: Excuse me while I sop up the drool from my desk. (via Paleo Spirit)
6. Grilled Broccolini: Someday soon, this simple charred broccolini recipe will be the vehicle to sop up a curry-mint sauce inspired by Burch in Minneapolis. I would give my left arm for that restaurant's recipe, but instead I just created my own oven-roasted version. This BBQ version looks awesome too. (via Curtis Stone)
7. Smoky Hot BBQ Sauce: Tangy in just the right way, this traditional-ish paleo BBQ sauce is even Whole30 compliant for those of us cleansing. Throw it on chicken, ribs or even pineapple rings! (via The Healthy Foodie)
8. Grilled Romaine with Toasted Almonds and Caesar Dressing: Holy schnikeys. Who knew Joshua Weissman could make lettuce look so good?! (via The Slim Palate)
9. Ikan Bakar (Malaysian Grilled Fish): Whole fish in banana leaves. It's Asia inside your grill! I love Malaysian food pretty hard, and I have no doubt this recipe will slay. (via The Domestic Man)
10. Ćevapčići: Yuss. This grilled Balkan lamb and beef sausage needs to be in my face right now. Probably worth the plane ride to Croatia... or at least the walk to the grocery store to get the ingredients. (via The Clothes Make The Girl)
11. Grilled Country-Style Pork Ribs: I've got ribs again, people. I couldn't help it. This country-style recipe looked too good. THE FLAMES. (via Three Beans On A String)
12. Pesto Grilled Shrimp: This looks rather edible, I'd say. Just sub out the Parmesan cheese and it's full-on paleo. Me? I'd probably keep it in because I love dat cheese. (via Closet Cooking)
13. Grilled Zucchini with Chili and Mint: We all know seasonal zucchini won't be available for another few months, but pocket this recipe for when you have farm-fresh zucchini coming out of your ears. (via Heather Christo)
14. Smashed Steak Skewers with Cherry BBQ Sauce: This dish was inspired by The Croods, which I just watched last weekend. It was such a cute movie! (via Nom Nom Paleo)
15. Moroccan Grilled Chicken Kabobs: Another kabob! This time, it's lemony and savory and yellow—from the turmeric, of course. (via Closet Cooking)
16. Grilled Herbed Salmon: Just follow this recipe, but instead of the oven, stick that fish filet on a big cedar plank. Yum. (via Worthy Pause, me)
I'm going to grill number two and number six on Saturday. What about you?