Too-Easy Chicken Curry (For One)
If you're a curry purist, just avert your eyes now and save me the embarrassment. This recipe will seem majorly trashy to you (it seems trashy to me, and I ate it). But one woman's trash is the same woman's treasure when all she has to work with in the kitchen are leftovers and frozen veggies. These are the kind of non-recipe recipes that are good to keep in your pocket when you find yourself wondering how to get dinner in your mouth quickly with what's in front of you.
I'm as surprised as anyone how delicious this turned out, considering it's made with marinara. Yup. (Did I mention I'm Indian? My aunts can never know about this.)
Too-Easy Chicken Curry for one
Paleo and Whole30-approved; serves 1
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 leftover chicken breast, cubed
- leftover half-jar of marinara sauce
- 1 bell pepper, sliced (I used the frozen equivalent)
- 1 T curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Dash of cayenne
- Splash of coconut milk
- Cashews (optional)
- On medium-high heat, throw the olive oil in a pot and then throw the spices in for 30 seconds.
- Add the marinara and bring to a simmer.
- Then add the peppers and chicken. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, until everything is heated through.
- Stir in a splash of coconut milk, then top with cashews.