Paleo Blueberry Almond Crisp
Paleo or not, this is my f*%&ing favorite homemade summertime dessert and it takes virtually no time to assemble for consumption.
While I'm usually a fan of having leftovers, this dessert is best served right out of the oven so the recipe is written as a single serving. Double or triple or quadruple the batch as needed!
Okay, I'm not going to waste any more time gabbing about it. Let's bake.
Blueberry Almond Crisp
paleo, gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian | serves 1
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Toss the blueberries in a small baking dish (like this) with a splash of lemon juice.
- Mix all the crumble ingredients in another bowl.
- Spoon the crumble mixture over the berries.
- Bake for 30 min, or until the topping is golden brown. Let cool slightly before eating.
- Because I'm usually just making enough for myself and/or my husband, I use bottled lemon juice for this recipe. If I were making this for a larger group though, I'd use fresh lemons and would also add some lemon zest to the crumble topping. Because zest is magic.
- If you don't like almonds, use another nut.