Easy Lemon-Garlic Chicken
This Lemon-Garlic Chicken is another non-recipe recipe. As in, I'll give you a recipe if you want a recipe... but you won't need it.
This quick and easy chicken recipe is a great one for the regular rotation of what I like to call Lunch Chicken. You know, that chicken that you put on top of whatever you can find in the fridge and then bring it to work for Sad Desk Lunch? But it's not actually sad, because it's delicious.
It's got that bright, citrusy flavor with parsley and garlic — and even a little aged Parmesan if you're feeling dairy-friendly today. There's really no way to mess it up and it goes with everything.
gluten-free (paleo & whole-30-approved with minimal changes) | serves 4
- 3 large chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large lemon, zest and juice
- about 4 T olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper, to taste
- optional: Parmesan cheese
- Mix the lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and parsley together with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Pour over chicken, cover and marinate in the fridge for 1-3 hours.
- In a skillet, cook the chicken on medium heat until done, turning just once to make sure it browns and stays juicy. (You've cooked chicken before — you know the deal.)
- When it's just about time to take it off the heat, stir in a bit of Parmesan cheese (optional).
- Serve right away with veggies or stow for weekday lunches. Or do both.
- Leave out the cheese and this is dairy-free, paleo and Whole30-friendly.
What kind of chicken do you put on your Sad Desk Lunches?
P.S. If you are looking for other work lunch ideas, I love doing the Banh Mi Bowl as a chicken salad. Just omit the cauliflower rice, add extra cucumbers and you're golden.